Friday, May 04, 2007

Ghost of a Chance

As I sit in my cave like cubby here at work, just trying to figure out something. I need to collect my thoughts.

I already landed a great job and have my share of fun but something is missing.

That something is a counterpart, a lover, a muse, a goddess, a creative force in my life. I'm not one to just sit around and hope that it happens. So I jumped back into the dating waters.

The most recent person I met was a great person but she had one Achilles heal, she wasn't a cat person and she was actually allergic to them. She might have been in denial about the allergies but she tried her best to cope. It was a noble gesture but it was not meant to be, especially since it really made her quite ill.

So what are the traits of the "ideal" person I ask myself, #1 being must be a cat person and not be allergic to them. Intelligence is a major turn on for me and the same with creativity. Humor with a hint of cynicism makes me happy. Must love sex and willing to be very experimental. Yes.. that means kink to all you white bread uptight americans. Not afraid of computers but doesn't have to be a computer geek. If you can publish your own website, then you have my respect. If she has tattoos, fine because I have some too. I am usually attracted to slender or average build women and probably taller than 5'5". And crazy christians need not apply.

Can't be afraid of appearing childish or being called childish because they buy coco puffs or lucky charms or drink grape koolaid. Also be a avid reader (sci-fi, fantasy, history, etc) and a fan of edgy/dark/fun/dramatic well made television. Enjoys comic books because of their rich histories, beautiful illustrations and for some series, never ending story. Must be very particular about movies because I only go the theater to plunk down my $11 for a movie if have a chance in hell of enjoying it. Must like music as well, my musical tastes are like the side of a barn, if you throw something you will probably find something I like with exceptions being country & R&B.

Since I'm writing all these things that I would like in someone, I should talk about some traits people have mentioned about me. I was told recently that I was "very interesting and not psycho", go me! I was very easy to talk to and a excellent listener.. "oh yes, I was paying attention to you." I will cook her dinner and it will be pretty decent. I'm very confident in myself, hell I wear a kilt. I've been known to read poetry out loud to my lover. I am quirky, like to smile, thoughtful, shaggy and have sarcastic streak that sometimes comes out. Don't take my friends for granted and ruthlessly loyal to them.

Doesn't seem like I'm looking for the impossible. It seems very possible to me. Which is why the subject of this post is a Rush song.


Hopefully you were slightly amused by my afternoon brain dump, now that I'm less preoccupied.. I can concentrate on kicking my coworkers butt in bowling.

Mood: contemplative

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home