Sunday, September 17, 2006

never have your dog stuffed

Had the pleasure of going to a book signing by Alan Alda this evening at Third Place Books. Arrived there at 4:30 and stood in line with another friend of mine who met me there. Looked like close to 500 people there. They let us in at 5 and we were seated a few rows back from the stage in the food court area. Alan came on stage about 5:30 and had everybody laughing profusely in mere moments. A extremely witty, modest and genuine person.


Click for larger version

Mr. Alda is now blushing because a woman during the Q & A session just told him that she had a crush on him when she was younger and still thinks he is damn sexy.




Click for larger version

He is a signing machine and said he took pride in making his signature legible. His mind is always on top of things and treated everybody like individuals. He asked me if I was named after Glenn Ford and I told him I was named after John Glenn. Then I told him that I looked forward to more Scientific American Frontiers on PBS and that he has a great laugh. We thanked each other and he had another drink of wine. Just a great person and honor to meet him.
Current Mood: thoughtful
Current Music: Allan Holdsworth - Above and Below

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home