Sunday, August 19, 2007

Burning Man 2007 prep

A week from now I'll be in farthest reaches of southern Oregon and northern California driving past miles of farm fields and blasting "Road Trippin' " (by RHCP) on the radio. As the song says I'll have snacks and supplies plus a co-driver for once. Previous trips I had to drive all 12 hours without any help. So it will be nice to able to be a passenger for once and maybe do some reading or take a nap.

My living room is a tangled mess of bins, coolers and equipments. Sorting through costumes is fun... trying to decide what furry, colorful things I should bring with me.

Some of the most important things I'm bringing:
Burning Man Ticket!
Rebar tent stakes (handy in 50 mph dust storms)
Tent (to hide from said dust storm)
Cooler (for food and drinks)
2.5 gal of water for each day I'm there
Very large purple dead muppet coat
Bike
Water Pack
Utilikilts
Blinky lights
Liquor and stuff to mix with.
Dust Masks

And this just in:

Consumer Safety Update:
The Chinese government is recalling millions of cans of lead paint after reports that they contained small flecks of child-safe toys.

Current mood: productive
Current music: Faithless - Rush

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home